1. Detailed analysis of a behaviour to identify contingencies that sustain the behaviour. 2. Synthesis of a client's behaviour problems and variables that are associated with or hypothesized to cause them.
What is FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS?
FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS: "Functional analysis looks at causes of behaviour."
Edited and fact checked by Pam: Google +
About the Psychology Dictionary
Psychology Dictionary is the most comprehensive source of psychology definitions online with over 20K definitions written by our global team of psychiatrist & psychology professionals. ...more
Similar Psychology Terms
- FUNCTIONAL BEHAVIORAL ASSESSMENT
- FUNCTIONAL COMMUNICATION TRAINING
- GENDER NONCONFORMITY
- FUNCTIONAL FAMILY THERAPY
- FUNCTIONAL JOB ANALYSIS (FJA)
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYTIC CAUSAL MODEL (FACM)
- FUNCTIONAL MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (FMRI FUNCTIONAL MRI)
- FEDERATION OF BEHAVIORAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, AND COGNITIVE SCIENCES
- FACTOR ANALYSIS
- FORMATIVE TENDENCY