QUARTILE By N., Sam M.S. - 5 Breaking down of scores into blocks each representing 25 percent of total scores. For example, the lowest 25 %, the next 26 to 50 % and so on. QUARTILE: "John's scores were consistently in the second quartile." Related Psychology Terms Developing a Case Study Diagnosis and Treatment Planning APRAXIA (literally, “inability to act or do”) NURSERY SCHOOL EXPERIENCE SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TESTS MUSIC TESTS VIGOTSKY TEST RACE DIFFERENCES DREAM-STATE (D-STATE, REM- STATE) HABIT Cite this page: N., Sam M.S., "QUARTILE," in PsychologyDictionary.org, April 28, 2013, https://psychologydictionary.org/quartile/ (accessed July 3, 2022).